Create a Marketing Folder
As part of your preparations of selling, consider
putting together a folder of important documents relating to your property.
Items to include are:
- a copy of your deed, including the full legal
description of the property
- a property survey and notes regarding any
encumbrances, restrictions or liens affecting the property.
- Your mortgage details(if your mortgage is attractive
- a professional appraisal or severalcompetitive market
- a home inspection report (if available)
- descriptions and costs of recent major improvements
that you’ve made
- a summary of your home ownership expenses, including
taxes, heat, water and power costs
- a neighborhood map, showing distances to the nearest
stores, schools, recreation facilities, etc.
- photos of your property taken at different times of
- highlight sheets containing a color photo of your
- blank offer to purchase forms (from your lawyer or
local business stationer)
- notes on the competition:
other properties similar to yours that are for sale in the area